Recently, we moved to the country. Twenty five minutes to the grocery store or pizza from the party story. So after spending too much money on fast food and pizza since I went back to work, we decided to "splurge" at the grocery store. We bought enough food to make 12 meals and have lunch stuff for our 4 girls that are with us during the week. Wow! That was a lot of money!
What trip to the store that was! We took the two little girls on a Saturday morning. Grocery shopping with two kids on a Saturday morning can be a nightmare in itself, but with our two...OMG. Our 5 year old wants everything sweet. She begs and pleads. We say No! NO! no...but maybe, ok I guess. FOR THE LOVE GOD JUST PUT IT IN THE CART! The littlest gives us about 30 minutes of peace, then starts throwing anything out of the cart she can reach. I've learned to preplan where everything goes. My husband, who doesn't shop with her often, doesn't know the layout of the cart. Also he took his time looking at things. We weren't even half way through the store when she started chucking out groceries and old ladies were handing it back, saying, "she so cute!" They dont even know! "We have to move faster! I'm telling you she won't stop now!" I said to him. The look on his face was priceless. Needless to say, we completely skipped the produce section, but not before I grabbed some sushi to eat on the way home.
We survived, though. All that was left was to cook ALL day Sunday. Ten pounds of hamburger, two chicken leg freezer meals, teriyaki chicken breasts, a beef roast, a pork loin, and everything ready for two servings of lasagna...done. Weekly dinner with my parents...done. I'm exhausted, but looking forward to easy fast dinners and no more shopping for a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment